Business Development Manager (Law Firm)
New York, NY 10011 | Permanent
Our client, a global law firm with approx. 600 lawyers in 12 office worldwide is currently searching for a new Business Development Manager to join their team. This role will be responsible for marketing & business development for firmwide practice groups & industries along with client development initiatives. The incumbent would drive revenue through the support and facilitation of targeted business development activities, including strategy development and target identification. This position will be assigned select practices and will act as a gateway to all of the services offered by the Marketing Department.
- Drafting pitches, RFP responses, presentations, talking points, and background briefing materials. Managing submissions to rankings, directories and other publications and contests.
Creating marketing materials including collaterals, website content and one-off pieces to support business development efforts:
- Business Development Coaching and Strategy
- Intelligence Gathering
- Research and Analysis:
- Marketing Lawyer Biographies
- Assist the communications team in raising profiles of practice groups, offices, individual partners and the firm, as identified in business and strategic plans; this may include social media strategies, as well as traditional communications platforms.
- Assist the communications team in identifying valuable opportunities for speaking engagements and article placement.
- 6-7 years of experience in Marketing or BD for either a Law firm or a Public Accounting firm
- A Bachelor’s degree in a marketing, business or communications-related field is preferred, as is an advanced degree.
- Candidates with MBAs or JDs are a plus